Click here to view the downloadable (PDF) version
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") is between SOBEK DIGITAL HOSTING AND CONSULTING, an LLC formed under the
laws of the State of Florida with its principal office at 8550 Touchton Road Unit 932, Jacksonville FL
32216 ("Sobek Digital") and the person (individual or legal person) who signs Sobek Digital's service
order and setup form (the "Order") incorporating this AUP by reference ("Customer"). This AUP governs
the use of Sobek Digital's web digital resource hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in
suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Sobek Digital
regarding the interpretation of this AUP, Sobek Digital's interpretation, in its reasonable commercial
judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, contact email@example.com.
Table of Contents
- Offensive Content
- Unsolicited E-Mail
- Material Protected by Copyright
- Copyright Infringement Notice
1. Offensive Content
You may not publish, transmit, or upload via or to Sobek Digital's service any content that Sobek Digital reasonably believes:
- could give rise to any civil or criminal liability;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- infringes or assists others on infringing on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- creates a risk to a person's safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- violates or promotes violation of local, state, national, or international laws, including those regarding drugs, export control, gambling, or arms trafficking; or
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Sobek Digital.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
3. Unsolicited E-Mail
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Sobek Digital's services.
4. Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner; or
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
Sobek Digital will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
5. Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the Sobek Digital network, please send your written notice of copyright infringement to:
Sobek Digital Hosting and Consulting, LLC
8550 Touchton Road, Unit 932
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Your notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Sobek Digital to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Sobek Digital to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the Sobek Digital network.
Sobek Digital is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers' activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the Sobek Digital network.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org